Family Health Centers of San Diego is committed to providing the highest quality healthcare services to our patients. Following our vision to be Exceptional In Every Way, Family Health Centers of San Diego is a national leader among community health centers.
Our accomplishments include:
- Accreditation by The Joint Commission, including their Primary Care Medical Home (PCMH) designation. We were one of the first health centers in California-and the nation-to achieve both milestones. The Joint Commission is the nation's pre-eminent, standard-setting and accrediting body in healthcare. It maintains state-of-the-art standards that focus on improving the quality and safety of care provided by healthcare organizations. The Joint Commission's comprehensive process evaluates an organization's compliance with standards and other regulatory and certification requirements. Joint Commission accreditation and certification is recognized nationwide as a symbol of quality reflecting on organization's commitment to meeting national performance standards.
- Certification by the National Committee for Quality Assurance as a Primary Care Medical Home.
- A California Award for Performance Excellence (CAPE) Eureka Silver award. FHCSD is on a multi-year journey to win the prestigious Baldridge Award for Performance Excellence.
- Our Electronic Health Records system-FHCSD-EHR. This nationally certified system was developed in-house by our exceptional IT team. We utilize ongoing clinical staff feedback to make it one of the most efficient and physician-centric primary care EHR systems in the country.
- Our standing as the largest provider of comprehensive HIV services, school-based health and mental health services and lead Healthcare for the Homeless provider in San Diego County.
- Obtained ACGME approval for the Family Medicine Training Program, which began July 2014.
- Awarded the prestigious 2014 Crystal Award for Workplace Excellence by the San Diego Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM).