An important priority of Family Health Centers of San Diego is to provide a competitive employee benefits program for our valued employees. We know our employees view their benefits as an important part of a total compensation package. New employees are eligible to enroll on the first of the month following 30 days of employment, not to exceed 60 days.
For 2016, we are pleased the benefits offered to our employees and their families are even more comprehensive than in previous years. Our benefits package offers a variety of coverage options to help our employees choose a plan that best meets their needs.
We are proud to offer benefits to:
- Working full-time (30 hours or more each week on a regular basis)
- Temporary employees regularly working 30 or more hours per week are eligible for medical insurance only
Spouse/Registered Domestic Partner
- Your legally married spouse (same or opposite sex)
- Your California registered domestic partner (as defined by California Family Code Section 297)
- Your children, stepchildren or children of your registered domestic partner to age 26, regardless of marital or student status
- Any children for whom you are required to provide coverage under a Qualified Medical Child Support Order
- Disabled Child: your unmarried children, step-children or children of your registered domestic partner of any age, if they are incapable of self-care due to a physical or mental disability (Refer to the carrier documents for enrollment requirements.)
Your spouse, registered domestic partner and children can also be enrolled in our medical, dental, vision, supplemental life insurance plans and LegalShield and Identify Theft Shield.
During open enrollment, you MUST enroll in or waive benefit coverage; your benefit elections do not roll over. You can also make changes to your benefits. Open enrollment is Nov. 1 to Nov. 15 every year. At enrollment you will need to enter the Social Security Number for all dependents. Health Care Reform requires FHCSD to report this health plan information to the IRS each year to show that you and your dependents have coverage and are not subject to a penalty. Your personal information will be securely submitted to the IRS and will remain confidential.
Click here to download our 2016 Employee Benefits Guide or learn more by contacting Intercare Insurance Solutions, a hotline for our employees and their family members. This toll-free number gives employees immediate and accurate answers to benefit questions:
Employee Benefits Service Center
Extension 4200 or 877.679.2011
7:00am – 5:30pm PST
Monday – Friday | Closed major U.S. holidays