Do you need help enrolling in a Covered California insurance plan? Have questions about how much you will have to pay for coverage for yourself and your family? FHCSD Certified Enrollment Counselors can:
- Answer your questions about Covered California health insurance plans, including cost and coverage.
- Help you enroll in a Covered California plan.
- Answer any questions you may have about the Affordable Care Act.
- Determine your eligibility and enroll you in Medi-Cal.
Call (619) 515-2363 to schedule an enrollment appointment!
Covered California* is a private health insurance exchange that was established through Affordable Care Act legislation for individuals and families not eligible for Medi-Cal. This program allows California residents to purchase quality health insurance by providing tools, including a website, to compare different insurance plans to fit individual and family needs. The cost of each insurance plan is based on certain factors, including family size and income.
Though every Covered California health insurance plan is different, some insured benefits are offered by each, including:
- Hospitalization (such as surgery) and emergency care
- Maternity and prenatal care
- Mental health and substance abuse treatment
- Prescription drugs
- Preventative and wellness services (such as cholesterol, depression and HIV screening)
To enroll in Covered California, you’ll need to provide the following documentation:
- State-issued photo identification
- Resident alien card (if applicable)
- Proof of residency, such as a lease agreement or utility bill
- Latest 1040 IRS tax document
- Proof of current income
Open enrollment for Covered California begins November 1, 2015 and ends January 31, 2016.
For more information about Covered California or to enroll in a health insurance plan, please call (619) 515-2363 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information about Medi-Cal, including requirements and benefits, please click here.
For information about billing and insurance, please click here.
*Though similar in many ways, Covered California is entirely separate from healthcare.gov, the federal government’s health insurance exchange. All California residents who attempt to enroll in the federal government’s health insurance exchange online or via phone will be redirected to Covered California.