Family Health Centers of San Diego (FHCSD) is looking for a Licensed Clinical Social Worker to work under supervision of the assigned Site Coordinator/Site Manager and provide mental health assessment and counseling services to a diverse patient population as an independent practitioner.
As a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, you have a passion for providing caring, high quality therapy services to a diverse patient population, with a special commitment to the uninsured, low-income, and the medically underserved. You thrive on the challenge of working in a fast-paced, team-based environment, knowing you are making a difference in your community every day.
- Completes all required documentation accurately, in a timely manner, and thoroughly in accordance with department standards; in addition, documentation complies with patients’ insurance requirements.
- Performs initial and on-going assessments for assigned patients. Participates in development of patients’ individualized care plans, in a timely and thorough manner.
- Provides treatment to assigned patients within scope of practice, meeting program/department productivity and quality standards. Demonstrates awareness of transference and counter-transference issues and addresses them as they arise. Addresses co-occurring disorders, factoring them into patient’s treatment plan. Demonstrates clinical skills and judgment necessary to implement the treatment plan.
- Works effectively as a member of the multi-disciplinary treatment team. Communicates with providers, physicians, case managers, scheduling staff, referring providers, and with outside agencies and authorities, in a timely and appropriate manner. Connects patients to internal/external resources as appropriate; accurately documents referrals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW).
- Current California clinical licensure (LCSW).
- Experience in providing counseling services to varying population groups; expertise in partner violence treatment preferred; comfort in school-based or other non-traditional settings preferred.
- Meet organizational driving requirements.
- Job type: Regular Full Time
- Competitive Salary with Excellent Benefits
- Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off, Extended Sick Leave and Paid Holidays
- Medical/Dental/Vision/FSA/Life Insurance
- Employee Discounts and Wellness Programs
Hiring for the following locations:
- Beach Area Family Health Center
- Chase Avenue Family Health Center
- Chula Vista Family Counseling Center
- City Heights Family Health Center
- Downtown Family Health Center at Connections
- El Cajon Family Health Center
- El Cajon Youth Counseling Center
- FamilyHealth-Youth Counseling Center
- Grossmont Family Counseling Center
- Grossmont Spring Valley Family Health Center
- Hillcrest Family Health Center
- Logan Heights Family Counseling Center
- National City Family Health Center
- North Park Family Health Center
- South Bay Family Counseling Center
For nearly 50 years, Family Health Centers of San Diego (FHCSD) has provided affordable, high-quality health care and supportive services to all San Diegans. With more than 1,800 employees spread throughout 40 sites around the county, FHCSD is proud of the diversity of its staff as a reflection of the communities it serves.
The reward of working at FHCSD is more than a paycheck and excellent benefits; it is the impact and contribution to the San Diego community that employees value most. If you are passionate about improving the overall health and livelihood of your community, FHCSD is looking for people like you.