Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistant Immersion Program
A program connecting recent graduates with patients, mentors and the community
Family Health Centers of San Diego’s Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistant Immersion Program is a six-month educational program that offers a unique salaried opportunity to improve clinical skills and prepare for a career in community medicine. The program will prepare Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants to manage complex care of patients in a multi-cultural, socioeconomically diverse population. Participants will develop the integrative skills needed to practice in a Patient-Centered Medical Home.
Core training will consist of:
- Community Immersion
- Clinic-based Precept Training
- Rotations/Independent Practice
- Recent graduate from accredited Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistant program with less than two years of clinical experience
- California license and national certification completion prior to program start
- Drug Enforcement Administration license eligibility
- Demonstrated commitment to Special Populations/Undeserved Communities
- Demonstrated commitment to cultural competence and sensitivity
- Bilingual English/Spanish strongly preferred; language fluency that reflects our special population communities (Arabic, Somali, Vietnamese and others) preferred
Please fill out the form below with your name, email address and phone number to request more information about the Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistant Immersion Program, including how to apply. An FHCSD representative will contact you about your interest.
Three positions will be available for the six-month program.
Applications for the March 2019 cohort have closed.
A new application link will become available May 1 for the fall cohort.
For more information, contact Alexa Walker, Senior Recruiter, Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers, at firstname.lastname@example.org.