A program connecting recent graduates with patients, mentors and the community
Family Health Centers of San Diego’s Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistant Immersion Program is a six-month educational program that offers a unique salaried opportunity to improve clinical skills and prepare for a career in community medicine. The program will prepare Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants to manage complex care of patients in a multi-cultural, socioeconomically diverse population. Participants will develop the integrative skills needed to practice in a Patient-Centered Medical Home.
The immersion program has been placed on hold.
At this time, we will not be bringing in a Fall 2020 cohort. An update will be provided here when new applications are available.
Core training will consist of:
- Community Immersion
- Clinic-based Precept Training
- Rotations/Independent Practice
- Recent graduate from accredited Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistant program with less than two years of clinical experience
- California license and national certification completion prior to program start
- Drug Enforcement Administration license eligibility
- Demonstrated commitment to Special Populations/Undeserved Communities
- Demonstrated commitment to cultural competence and sensitivity
- Bilingual English/Spanish strongly preferred; language fluency that reflects our special population communities (Arabic, Somali, Vietnamese and others) preferred
For more program information, contact:
Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers