November Spirit of the Barrio
Your Questions Answered: COVID-19 Update
Due to popular demand, Family Health Centers of San Diego is hosting a second Spirit of the Barrio webinar on COVID-19! Join us for an update on COVID-19 developments and have more of your questions answered by internationally recognized infectious disease expert, Dr. Christian Ramers.
Friday, November 20, 2020
COVID-19 Update: 12:00 – 12:15 p.m.
Community Q&A: 12:15 – 1:00 p.m.
Register and submit your questions at the link below! Webinar information will be emailed.
Dr. Christian Ramers M.D., MPH, AAHIVS is a leading infectious disease specialist with over 20 years of experience. He serves as the Medical Director of the Laura Rodriguez Research Institute, Chief of Population Health, Assistant Medical Director of Research and Special Populations, and Director of the Graduate Medical Education Program at Family Health Centers of San Diego.
Dr. Ramers’ qualifications include:
- Senior Clinical Advisor for the Clinton Health Access Initiative’s Global Hepatitis Program
- Consultant for the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, California Department of Public Health, WebMD and Medscape
- Chair of the California chapter of the American Academy of HIV Medicine
- Adjunct professor at UCSD and SDSU
- Education Consultant for University of New Mexico Project ECHO and the Northwest AIDS Education & Training Center
- HIV and HCV advocate
September Spirit of the Barrio
The Way Forward: Life with COVID-19
During our first-ever digital Spirit of the Barrio we heard from internationally recognized infectious disease expert, Dr. Christian Ramers, for a discussion on:
COVID-19’s local, national and global impact
Scientific update: separating fact from fiction and prospects for a SARS-CoV-2 vaccine
FHCSD’s response and testing efforts in our community
The role of Community Health Centers amidst the ongoing public health crisis