Awards and Accomplishments
Family Health Centers of San Diego is a national leader among community health clinics. We follow our vision to be “Exceptional in Every Way” and are proud to receive the following accolades and distinctions:
- Accreditation by the Joint Commission, including its Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) designation. We were the second health center in the nation to achieve both milestones. The Joint Commission is the nation’s pre-eminent, standard-setting and accrediting body in health care. It maintains state-of-the-art standards that focus on improving the quality and safety of care provided by health care organizations. The Joint Commission’s comprehensive process evaluates an organization’s compliance with standards and other regulatory and certification requirements. Joint Commission accreditation and certification is recognized nationwide as a symbol of quality reflecting on an organization’s commitment to meet national performance standards.
- Certification by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) as a Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH).
- A California Awards for Performance Excellence (CAPE) Eureka Silver award. FHCSD is on a multi-year journey to win the prestigious Baldrige Award for Performance Excellence.
- Our Electronic Health Records system-FHCSD-EHR. This nationally certified system was developed in-house by our exceptional IT team. We utilize ongoing clinical staff feedback to make it one of the most efficient and physician-centric primary care EHR systems in the country.
- Our standing as the largest provider of comprehensive HIV services, school-based health and mental health services and lead Healthcare for the Homeless provider in San Diego County.
- Obtained ACGME approval for the Family Medicine Residency Training Program, which welcomed its first class of residents in July 2014.
- Awarded the prestigious 2014 Crystal Award for Workplace Excellence by the San Diego Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM).
- Recipient of the prestigious Million Hearts Award by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for ability to achieve hypertension control rates of 70 percent or more among our patients.
- Harvard University’s Ash Center recognizes Healthy Development Services as a 2015 Bright Idea in Government
- Accredited by The Patriots Initiative (TPI) and The Patriots Connection (TPC), a program of the Rancho Santa Fe Foundation (RSF Foundation). These organizations acknowledge FHCSD’s support of America’s armed forces service members, veterans and their families.
- Proud member the National Association of Community Health Centers and the International Federation of Community Health Centers. Both of these organizations partner with Community Health Centers across the nation, and world, to foster collaboration in community-oriented primary health care and to expand access to Community Health Centers as the optimal way to achieve the World Health Organization’s vision for equitable access to primary health care for all.
- Andres Gutierrez, Chief Information Officer for FHCSD, was awarded the 2016 Top Tech Exec Award for the critical role he played in saving the organization millions of dollars during a recent headquarter relocation.