To our valued patients:
You may have received a letter from United Healthcare Community Plan that, as of January 1, 2023, they will no longer be a Health Plan choice for Medi-Cal recipients in California. If you received this letter, it is because you currently receive care from Family Health Centers of San Diego (FHCSD) through your insurer United Healthcare Community Plan.
If you have United Healthcare Community Plan, you must select a new Medi-Cal Health Plan by December 23, 2022, or risk losing care from Family Health Centers of San Diego.
You have three ways of making the switch:
1. Written: We attached the Medi-Cal Choice form that must be filled out and submitted by mail and postmarked before the December 23, 2022 deadline.
2. Over The Phone: You can also complete enrollment into a new plan by contacting Health Care Options at 1-800-430-4263 Monday through Friday, 8 am to 6 pm PT.
3. Web: You can visit www.healthcareoptions.dhcs.ca.gov. and make the change electronically.
Over-the-phone assistance is also available in other languages:
• Spanish: 1-800-430-3003
• Arabic: 1-800-576-6881
• Tagalog: 1-800-576-6890
To continue your health care with Family Health Centers of San Diego, you must choose from one of our contracted health plans:
• Aetna Better Health of CA
• Blue Shield Promise
• Molina Healthcare Partner
• Community Health Group Partner
Please use our FHCSD Doctor/Clinic Code to ensure that you are assigned to FHCSD under the new plan you select: FHCSD Doctor/Clinic Code: 1447281936
If you are with United Healthcare Community Plan and have not made a selection, you will be automatically enrolled in a randomly selected Health Plan on December 23, 2022, which may not be contracted with Family Health Centers of San Diego.
If you have further questions or need further assistance, you can also call us at (619) 515-2363 for help.
Family Health Centers of San Diego