Pay your medical or dental bill online.
Family Health Centers of San Diego (FHCSD) accepts a broad range of payment and insurance plans, including Covered California and Medi-Cal, to cover the cost of health care services.
In addition, all FHCSD clinics operate on a sliding fee scale, which means the cost of services rendered is based upon income and family size. No patient will be turned away based on their inability to pay. Our staff can also help patients enroll in free or low-cost insurance, such as Medi-Cal and Covered California, that can help cover the cost of treatment and services.
We make every possible effort to work with our patients regarding payments for their treatment and services.
PAY YOUR BILL ONLINE
Access and pay your medical bills online* conveniently and securely. If you have any questions regarding your medical bill, contact our billing department at (619) 515-2564.
To pay your medical bill, or view your recent statements, click the button below to log in to your Online Bill Pay account.
To pay your dental bill, or view your recent statements, click the button below to log in to your Online Bill Pay account.
*You will need the Bill Pay Code and Amount Due printed on your statement.
Covered California and Medi-Cal
To enroll in a Covered California health insurance plan or Medi-Cal, the plan designed for low-income individuals and families, please fill out the form below or call (619) 515-2363 to speak to a Certified Enrollment Counselor.
Don’t qualify for health insurance? Learn about our reduced visit fee.
Learn More About:
To enroll in Medi-Cal or Covered California, you'll need:+
- State-issued photo identification
- Resident alien card (if applicable)
- Proof of residency, such as a lease agreement or utility bill
- Latest 1040 IRS tax document
- Proof of current income
The Affordable Care Act+
In 2010, President Barack Obama signed into law the Affordable Care Act—commonly referred to as “Obamacare”—which was designed to expand health care coverage for the uninsured, provide greater consumer choice for health insurance and increase the affordability and quality of health care for all U.S. citizens. The new provisions in the health care law:
- Include health insurance exchanges, such as Covered California, that individuals and small businesses can utilize to purchase affordable insurance plans
- Prevent health care insurers from denying coverage to those with pre-existing health conditions, such as cancer, diabetes and heart disease
- Allow adult children to continue health care coverage under their parents’ plan until age 26
- Removes limits on the amount of money insurance companies must pay for certain health care services, including hospitalization, maternity and newborn care, prescription drugs and rehabilitative services
- Requires health care insurers to cover certain preventive care services for free, such as blood pressure and cholesterol tests, HIV screening and vaccinations
- Provides prescription discounts for senior citizens
2020 Medi-Cal Expansion+
Full coverage Medi-Cal services are now available to young adults between ages 19 to 26, regardless of legal residency status, as long as they meet income and other eligibility requirements. Full coverage Medi-Cal includes primary care, dental and vision services, as well as some specialty care.
Medi-Cal services have also expanded to cover new childhood screening programs to support healthy growth and development.