Medi-Cal (Medicaid) is California’s health insurance program designed for children and adults with limited income.
Family Health Centers of San Diego (FHCSD) accepts a range of payment and insurance plans, including Medi-Cal. In addition, all FHCSD clinics operate on a sliding fee scale. This means the cost of services is based upon income and family size. No patient will be turned away based on their inability to pay. Our staff will help patients enroll in free or low-cost plans that can help cover the cost of treatment and services.
You may be eligible for free or discounted:
- Medical, dental and vision services
- Mental health and substance use treatment
- Prescription drugs
- Emergency care and hospitalization, including surgery
- Prenatal and maternity care
Learn More About:
To enroll, you'll need to provide the following documentation:+
- State-issued photo identification
- Resident alien card (if applicable)
- Proof of residency, such as a lease agreement or utility bill
- Latest 1040 IRS tax document
- Proof of current income
As of January 1, 2020, full coverage Medi-Cal services are available to young adults between ages 19 to 26, regardless of legal residency status, as long as they meet income and other eligibility requirements. Full coverage Medi-Cal includes primary care, dental and vision services, as well as some specialty care.
Medi-Cal services have also expanded to cover new childhood screening programs to support healthy growth and development.