Medi-Cal (Medicaid) is California’s health insurance program designed for children and adults with limited income.
To qualify you must be a legal California resident who is a low-income adult, senior or family with children.
Family Health Centers of San Diego (FHCSD) accepts a range of payment and insurance plans, including Medi-Cal. In addition, all FHCSD clinics operate on a sliding fee scale. This means the cost of services is based upon income and family size. No patient will be turned away based on their inability to pay. Our staff will help patients enroll in free or low-cost plans that can help cover the cost of treatment and services.
To speak to a Certified Enrollment Counselor,
please call (619) 515-2363.
You may be eligible for free or discounted:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Services
- Mental Health and Substance Use Treatment
- Prescription Drugs
- Emergency Care and Hospitalization, Including Surgery
- Prenatal and Maternity Care
Complete the form to have a Certified Enrollment Counselor contact you.
Learn More About:
To enroll, you'll need to provide the following documentation:+
- State-issued photo identification
- Resident alien card (if applicable)
- Proof of residency, such as a lease agreement or utility bill
- Latest 1040 IRS tax document
- Proof of current income