Our Sports Medicine physicians specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of both complex and minor orthopedic musculoskeletal injuries and pain. Our physicians can accurately diagnose and offer conservative treatment options for conditions ranging from degenerative joints to work and sports-related injuries.
Our patients benefit from a multidisciplinary approach aimed at making the correct diagnosis, treating the injury or cause of pain and maximizing each patient’s return to optimal function. Our sports medicine physicians work closely with our physical rehabilitation team (physical therapists and chiropractors) in an effort to decrease your pain and maximize your function without the use of pain medication or surgery.
Sports medicine treatment plans can include:
- Musculoskeletal ultrasound to assist in diagnosis
- Musculoskeletal ultrasound assisted joint injections
- Bracing and splinting for joint immobilization and protection
- Patient education
- Referral and management of physical therapy, chiropractic, acupuncture, podiatry and orthopedics
- Referral and interpretation of diagnostic imaging (X-ray, MRI, CT scan, etc.)
Feeling Inspired by Family Health Centers of San Diego?