An important priority of Family Health Centers of San Diego is to provide a competitive employee benefits program for our valued employees.
We offer not only comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, but also an award-winning Wellness Program.
Our benefits package offers a variety of coverage options to help our employees choose a plan that best meets their needs. New employees are eligible to enroll on the first of the month following 30 days of employment, not to exceed 60 days. During open enrollment, you MUST enroll in or waive benefit coverage; your benefit elections do not roll over. You can also make changes to your benefits. Open enrollment is November 1 to November 15 every year. At enrollment, you will need to enter the Social Security Number for all dependents. Health Care Reform requires FHCSD to report this health plan information to the IRS each year to show that you and your dependents have coverage and are not subject to a penalty. Your personal information will be securely submitted to the IRS and will remain confidential.
We are proud to offer eligible employees a selection of medical, dental and vision plans.
Covered services may include:
- Office visits (physician/specialist)
- Routine preventive care
- Outpatient diagnostic (lab/X-ray)
- Complex imaging
- Acupuncture (20 visits per year)
- Emergency room
- Urgent care facility
- Inpatient hospital stay
- Outpatient surgery
- Vision rider
- Prescription drugs (retail pharmacy/mail order)
Covered services may include:
- Preventive services
- Basic services
- Major services
- Orthodontia (child and adult)
Covered services may include:
- Exam (once every 12 months)
- Lenses (once every 12 months)
- Single vision
- Frames (once every 24 months)
- Contact lenses (once every 24 months; in lieu of glasses)
Family Health Centers of San Diego is one of only a few select organizations to win Cigna’s 2019 WellBeing Award. This award recognizes FHCSD’s strong commitment to improving the health and wellbeing of our employees. FHCSD was one of only four organizations in Southern California–and one of 300 organizations nationally–to be awarded this honor.
FHCSD was selected as a winner for many reasons, but a few of our most exceptional areas include leadership support for and approach to employee well-being, creative initiatives for both employees and families, and the tools and resources to improve well-being in all facets of life. Our Employee Well-being program provides opportunities for you and those you care for to live your best lives.
FHCSD Wellness Program+
The FHCSD Wellness Program’s mission is to create a company culture which is productive in all aspects of employee well-being and engages employees, reduces employee health risk factors and constantly provides quality programming through focusing on all Wellness Program Aspects:
24 Hour Fitness Partnership+
Through our partnership with 24 Hour Fitness, special membership rates are available for FHCSD employees and their families.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)+
Life is full of challenges, and sometimes balancing it is difficult. We are proud to provide a confidential program dedicated to supporting the emotional health and well-being of our employees and their families. The employee assistance program (EAP) is provided at NO COST to you through CONCERN.
The EAP can help with the following issues, among others:
- Mental health
- Relationships or marital conflicts
- Child and eldercare
- Substance abuse
- Grief and loss
- Legal or financial issues
- Assistance for you and your household members
- Up to six (6) in-person sessions with a counselor per issue, per year, per individual
- Unlimited toll-free phone access and online resources
Omada Obesity-Related Chronic Disease Prevention Program+
Looking to better manage your weight? Omada is designed to inspire and enable people with obesity-related chronic conditions like Type 2 diabetes and heart disease to change the habits that put them most at risk.
- Sixteen weeks of interactive courses plus ongoing support
- A personal health coach for one-on-one guidance
- A wireless scale that uploads to your private member portal
We are proud to offer our employees the following financial benefit options:
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)+
We provide you with an opportunity to participate in up to two different flexible spending accounts (FSAs) administered through Igoe. FSAs allow you to set aside a portion of your income, before taxes, to pay for qualified health care and/or dependent care expenses. Because that portion of your income is not taxed, you pay less in federal income, Social Security and Medicare taxes.
Life and AD&D Insurance+
Life insurance provides your named beneficiary(ies) with a benefit in the event of your death.
Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance provides specified benefits to you in the event of a covered accidental bodily injury that directly causes dismemberment (i.e., the loss of a hand, foot or eye). In the event that your death occurs due to a covered accident, both the life and the AD&D benefit would be payable.
Disability insurance provides benefits that replace part of your lost income when you become unable to work due to a covered injury or illness.
During the enrollment period, you have an opportunity to purchase voluntary benefits through Unum at affordable group rates. For most plans, benefits are paid directly to you — not to a doctor or healthcare provider.
- Accident Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- Short-Term Disability
We also offer the following additional benefits:
- Retirement Plans through Principal
- Pet Insurance through Nationwide
- Travel Assistance through Unum
- Student Loan Refinance Assistance through CommonBond
- Employee Perks through BenefitHub
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
We are proud to extend our employee benefits to family members:
Your spouse, registered domestic partner and children can also be enrolled in our medical, dental, vision, supplemental life insurance plans and LegalShield and Identify Theft Shield.
- Working full-time (30 hours or more each week on a regular basis)
- Temporary employees regularly working 30 or more hours per week are eligible for medical insurance only
Spouse/Registered Domestic Partner+
- Your legally married spouse (same or opposite sex)
- Your California registered domestic partner (as defined by California Family Code Section 297)
- Your children, stepchildren or children of your registered domestic partner to age 26, regardless of marital or student status
- Any children for whom you are required to provide coverage under a Qualified Medical Child Support Order
- Disabled Child: your unmarried children, step-children or children of your registered domestic partner of any age, if they are incapable of self-care due to a physical or mental disability (refer to the carrier documents for enrollment requirements).
My Benefits Champion
My Benefits Champion is a hotline for our employees and their family members. This toll-free number gives employees immediate and accurate answers to benefits questions: