An important priority of Family Health Centers of San Diego is to provide a competitive employee benefits program for our valued employees.
We offer not only comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, but also an award-winning Wellness Program.
Our benefits package offers a variety of coverage options to help our employees choose a plan that best meets their needs. New employees are eligible to enroll on the first of the month following 30 days of employment, not to exceed 60 days. During open enrollment, you MUST enroll in or waive benefit coverage; your benefit elections do not roll over. You can also make changes to your benefits. Open enrollment is November 1 to November 15 every year. At enrollment, you will need to enter the Social Security Number for all dependents. Health Care Reform requires FHCSD to report this health plan information to the IRS each year to show that you and your dependents have coverage and are not subject to a penalty. Your personal information will be securely submitted to the IRS and will remain confidential.
We are proud to offer eligible employees a selection of medical, dental and vision plans.
We’re dang proud to offer you not one, not two…but five medical plan options, all of which offer comprehensive medical and prescription drug coverage to you and your household members. The plans also come with an entire toolkit of resources to help you live. your. best. life.
Covered services may include:
- Office visits (physician/ specialist)
- Routine preventive care
- Outpatient diagnostic (lab/ X-ray)
- Complex imaging
- Acupuncture (20 visits per year)
- Emergency room
- Urgent care facility
- Inpatient hospital stay
- Outpatient surgery
- Vision rider
- Prescription drugs (retail pharmacy/ mail order)
Do you floss every day? Brush twice daily? You will when you see what our dental coverage has in store.
Covered services may include:
- Preventive services
- Basic services
- Major services
- Orthodontia (child and adult)
Between screen time, blue light and UV rays, our eyes get TIRED. To keep our vision sharp, we’ve partnered with VSP to provide you with vision coverage.
Covered services may include:
- Exam (once every 12 months)
- Materials copay
- Lenses (once every 12 months)
- Single vision
- Frames (once every 24 months)
- Contact lenses (once every 24 months; in lieu of glasses)
Family Health Centers of San Diego is one of only a few select organizations to win the Cigna Well-Being Award in 2019 and 2020. This award recognizes FHCSD’s strong commitment to improving the health and wellbeing of our employees. FHCSD was one of only four organizations in Southern California–and one of 300 organizations nationally–to be awarded this honor.
FHCSD was selected as a winner for many reasons, but a few of our most exceptional areas include leadership support for and strategic approach to employee wellbeing, creative initiatives for both employees and families and the tools and resources to improve wellbeing in all facets of life. Our Employee Wellbeing program exemplifies the best in providing opportunities for you and those you care for to live your best lives.
FHCSD Wellness Program+
The FHCSD Wellness Program’s mission is to create a company culture which is productive in all aspects of employee well-being and engages employees, reduces employee health risk factors and constantly provides quality programming through focusing on all Wellness Program Aspects:
24 Hour Fitness Partnership+
Through our partnership with 24 Hour Fitness, special membership rates are available for FHCSD employees (that’s you) and their families.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)+
Life is full of challenges, and sometimes balancing it is difficult. We are proud to provide a confidential program dedicated to supporting the emotional health and well-being of our employees and their families. The employee assistance program (EAP) is provided at NO COST to you through CONCERN.
The EAP can help with the following issues, among others:
- Mental health
- Relationships or marital conflicts
- Child and eldercare
- Substance abuse
- Grief and loss
- Legal or financial issues
- Assistance for you and your household members
- Up to six (6) in-person sessions with a counselor per issue, per year, per individual
- Unlimited toll-free phone access and online resources
- Access to the Luma digital solution to connect with the resources you need
Omada Obesity-Related Chronic Disease Prevention Program+
Your weight goals are your weight goals (and no one else’s business). If you’re looking for help meeting your goal, Omada is designed to inspire and enable people with obesity-related chronic conditions like type 2 diabetes and heart disease to change the habits that put them most at risk.
- Sixteen weeks of interactive courses plus ongoing support;
- A personal health coach for one-on-one guidance; and
- A wireless scale that uploads to your private member portal.
We are proud to offer our employees the following financial benefit options:
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)+
The Igoe flexible spending accounts (FSAs) are one way to cut down on your expenses—and we offer two. With the FSA, you set aside aside a portion of your pre-tax income. Because that portion of your income is not taxed, you pay less in federal income, Social Security and Medicare taxes. You can then use those funds to pay for qualified health care and/or dependent care expenses.
Life and AD&D Insurance+
We want to ensure that the people who depend on you for financial support are taken care of. That’s why we offer life and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) to you and your eligible family members.
Basic Life insurance provides your named beneficiary(ies) with a benefit in the event of your death and is provided at no cost to you through Unum.
Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance provides specified benefits to you in the event of a covered accidental bodily injury that directly causes dismemberment (i.e., the loss of a hand, foot or eye). In the event that your death occurs due to a covered accident, both the life and the AD&D benefit would be payable.
If you determine you need more than the company-paid Basic Life and AD&D coverage, you may purchase Supplemental Life insurance coverage through Unum for yourself and your eligible family members.
If you become sick or injured and can’t come to work due to a serious health condition, our long-term disability (LTD) insurance plan has you covered by replacing part of your lost income.*
*The disability benefit will begin after 90 days and will be coordinated with any state disability payments.
During the enrollment period, you have an opportunity to purchase voluntary benefits through Unum at affordable group rates. For most plans, benefits are paid directly to you — not to a doctor or healthcare provider.
- Accident Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- Short-Term Disability
We also offer the following additional benefits:
- Retirement Plans through Principal
- Pet Insurance through Nationwide
- Travel Assistance through Unum
- Student Loan Refinance Assistance through CommonBond
- Employee Perks through BenefitHub
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
We are proud to extend our employee benefits to family members:
Your spouse, registered domestic partner and children can also be enrolled in our medical, dental, vision, supplemental life insurance plans and LegalShield and Identify Theft Shield.
- Working full-time (30 hours or more each week on a regular basis)
- Temporary employees regularly working 30 or more hours per week are eligible for medical insurance only
Spouse/Registered Domestic Partner+
- Your legally married spouse (same or opposite sex)
- Your California registered domestic partner (as defined by California Family Code Section 297)
- Your children, stepchildren or children of your registered domestic partner to age 26, regardless of marital or student status
- Any children for whom you are required to provide coverage under a Qualified Medical Child Support Order
- Disabled Child: your unmarried children, step-children or children of your registered domestic partner of any age, if they are incapable of self-care due to a physical or mental disability (refer to the carrier documents for enrollment requirements).
My Benefits Champion
My Benefits Champion is a hotline for our employees and their family members. This toll-free number gives employees immediate and accurate answers to benefits questions: