You can prevent Type 2 diabetes with the Family Health Centers of San Diego’s “Let’s Prevent Diabetes” Program!
This program encourages modest lifestyle changes that may cut your risk of Type 2 diabetes by more than half.
You may be at risk for prediabetes if you:
- Are 45 years of age
- Have a BMI of 25+ or overweight/obesity
- Have a family history of Type 2 diabetes
- Had diabetes while pregnant
- Are physically active fewer than three times per week
- A personal lifestyle coach assigned to you in a small group format
- The skills you need to lose weight, be more physically active and manage stress
- Support from other participants with the same goals as you
"Could You Have Prediabetes?" Tool
Use our free “Could You Have Prediabetes?” tool to help determine if you are at high risk.
For more information, contact our staff at (619) 515-2526 or fill out the form below.