Family Health Centers of San Diego’s Certified Child Passenger Safety Technicians will teach you the five key points to safely installing your car seat as well as explain California safety laws and perform car seat installation.
Individuals enrolled in FHCSD’s Prenatal Program may be able to earn a free car seat! To schedule an appointment, please call (619) 515-2428.
Child Car Seat Safety Education:
- 5 key points to safely installing your car seat
- California safety laws and penalties
- Car seat checkup or installation
- Car safety guidelines
Baby Safety & Accident Prevention:
- How to make your home safer for baby
- How to reduce the risk of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS)
- How to protect your baby if you have pets
- Learn what shaken baby syndrome is and how to prevent it
- Safe sleep for baby recommendations
- How to reduce the risk of suffocating, falling, drowning, burning, choking and poisoning
For more information, or to enroll:
Please call (619) 515-2428 or fill out the form below.
If you do not have insurance and would like enrollment assistance, please let us know.
MEDI-CAL IS CALIFORNIA’S HEALTH INSURANCE PROGRAM DESIGNED FOR CHILDREN AND ADULTS WITH LIMITED INCOME.
To qualify you must be a legal California resident who is a low-income adult, senior or family with children.
Through Medi-Cal you may be eligible for free or discounted:
- Medical, dental and vision services
- Mental health and substance use treatment
- Prescription drugs
- Emergency care and hospitalization, including surgery
- Prenatal and maternity care
To enroll in Medi-Cal, you will need to provide the following documentation:
- State-issued photo identification
- Resident alien card (if applicable)
- Proof of residency, such as a lease agreement or utility bill
- Latest 1040 IRS tax document
- Proof of current income