We welcome you and thank you for your interest in our program! Family Health Centers of San Diego’s Psychiatry Residency Program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME). We offer six categorical positions. Applicants will apply through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Applicants are only selected through the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP).
The deadline for applications is December 1, 2023.
Applications are reviewed as they are received. Interviews are conducted from October to January.
Applicants must be either United States Citizens or permanent residents. We currently do not sponsor any visas.
We require a complete (ERAS) application, which includes the following:
- ERAS Application
- Official Transcript
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal statement
- Dean’s letter
- USMLE and/or COMLEX score
- Only first attempt exam completion will be considered
- Four letters of recommendation from your medical school faculty or clinical supervisors
- At least one of your four letters of reference should be from a psychiatrist
To be invited to interview, graduates from foreign medical schools will need to provide the following in additional documentation:
- ECFMG Certification
- Postgraduate Training Authorization Letter from the Medical Board of California
- FMG that have completed Step-III will be given preference
- Minimum Screening Requirements
- All applicants must have graduated from medical school within the last five years (or have two years’ experience in a regular clinical practice)
- Must have at least one year of clinical experience in the U.S. (medical school rotations in the US count toward this requirement)
- Please complete all demographic information requested. Letters of reference should address the following areas: commitment to patient care, quality of clinical skills, interpersonal skills, enthusiasm for self-learning and ability to function as a team member in the delivery of health care.
- Applicants must accept or deny interview offers within 48 hours or the program may rescind the offer without notice.
Out-of-match and PGY2/PGY3/PGY4 positions
Currently there are no out-of-match or PGY 2, 3, 4 positions available in our program. Please check back for future updates.
For more information, please email us at email@example.com.