Family Health Centers of San Diego has reduced its fee-per-visit to $25 for all FHCSD clinics, except Beach Area Family Health Center.*
Reduced per-visit-fee lets more patients access the high-quality care our patients have come to expect from FHCSD, as well as continues to further FHCSD’s mission of providing affordable and accessible care to all San Diegans. FHCSD maintains our policy that no patient will be turned down for care due to their inability to pay for services rendered.
**NOTE: The reduced fee is available to patients who are eligible for the sliding fee scale based on their income and the current Federal Poverty Guidelines.
Reduced fee covers the cost of the medical visit and does not include:
- Additional services or tests ordered and carried out during the visit
- Mental health
- Laboratory – In-house and send-outs
- Patients who do not see a licensed practitioner will continue to pay the minimum $10 (e.g., nurse visit for vaccines, injections, wound check) plus the cost of the vaccine, injection or supplies needed to deliver the service.
- Purchased supplies such as immunizations or family-planning supplies
(IUD, Implant, Essure, medication, etc.) will be charged at cost
- Specially priced cash packages, e.g. OB Care, GYN surgical procedures (colposcopy, biopsy, implant/IUD Insertions, etc.)
- Physical therapy/occupational therapy
- Hospital services
- Other ancillary and support services are not included: PDS, Health Ed, CPSP, counseling visits