Need help reducing pain and discomfort? Tired of relying on pain relievers and prescription medication? Our Physical Rehabilitation Services Department consists of expert physical therapists, doctors of chiropractic care and sports medicine physicians who can help alleviate your pain and improve your quality of life. Through progressive therapeutic techniques, we can help you regain functional mobility after an injury, recover from surgery or manage chronic pain.
We accept Medi-Cal and self-pay patients.
Services Offered At:
- Lemon Grove Physical Health & Wellness Center
- El Cajon Physical Rehabilitation Clinic
- North Park Family Health Center
- Logan Heights Family Health Center
- Hillcrest Family Health Center
- Diamond Neighborhoods Family Health Center
- City Heights Family Health Center
- Chula Vista Family Health Center
- Beach Area Family Health Center
Learn More About:
Our licensed acupuncturist utilizes traditional Chinese medicine to provide alternative approaches for pain management. This technique uses thin needles that are inserted into the skin. Acupuncture reduces pain and improves physical function. Acupuncturists also educate patients on how to account for their own health and wellness.
For more information, click here.
Doctors of chiropractic medicine are health care professionals that focus on the diagnosis and treatment of neuromuscular disorders, with an emphasis on treatment through manual adjustment and/or manipulation of the spine. Chiropractors seek to reduce pain and improve the function of patients, as well as to educate them on how they can account for their own health and wellness.
For more information about chiropractic care, click here.
Our licensed and certified physical therapists use state-of-the-art treatment to improve patients’ physical function and mobility. Individualized treatment plans can include manual therapy, gait and running analysis, balance and fall risk assessments, use of pain reduction modalities, home exercise program recommendations and more.
For more information about physical therapy, click here.
Our sports medicine physicians specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of complex and/or minor musculoskeletal and sports-related injuries. Our patients benefit from a multidisciplinary approach aimed at making the correct diagnosis, treating the injury or cause of pain and maximizing each patient’s return to optimal function.
For more information about sports medicine, click here.
Weight Management & Metabolic Clinic+
The Weight Management & Metabolic Clinic is for patients with a BMI of 35+ who are actively seeking to lose weight. Our medical providers are board-certified in bariatric medicine and will be leading an interdisciplinary team in the medical management of weight loss. This team includes registered dietitians/nutritionists, mental health providers and physical rehabilitation physicians (physical therapists, doctors of chiropractic and licensed acupuncturists).
For more information about our weight management clinic, click here.
Our board-certified nurse practitioners specialize in evidence-based care of chronic, non-healing wounds that are geared towards rapid healing and prevention of wound recurrence. This is achieved through interventions and patient education which address the underlying pathophysiology interfering with wound healing, such as chronic venous insufficiency, peripheral arterial disease or immunosuppression.
For more information about our wound clinic, click here.
Feel better in the comfort of your own home!
What is telehealth?
Telehealth appointments are visits that can be done over the phone, either with or without live video and do not require you to download any additional software.
How does it work?
1. Initial visit (evaluation):
- The evaluation can be completed with a telehealth appointment. You and your physical therapist will discuss the history of your symptoms and why you are seeking care.
- Your physical therapist will help you identify what movements and activities make you feel worse or better.
- With this information, you and your physical therapist will work together to develop a plan to get you moving immediately with exercises, stretches and activities you can do at home.
2. Follow-up visits:
- Follow-up visits can be completed by phone and/or live video, or they can take place in-person in the clinic. This is something that you and your physical therapist will determine during the initial visit.
- During these visits, you and your physical therapist will review how you are doing with your exercises at home. Your physical therapist will make adjustments to your treatment program as necessary.
- Although telehealth appointments do not allow for hands-on treatment, it will allow you to start care immediately and gain tools you need to decrease pain, improve function and independence!
To schedule your appointment, call (619) 515-2376.