Our Physical Therapy Department uses state-of-the-art treatment techniques and equipment to help individuals restore functional mobility after it has been lost due to injury, surgery or disease. Our providers perform comprehensive assessments and develop individualized treatment plans.
For in-person visits, call (619) 515-2376, or schedule a telehealth appointment.
- Physical Therapy Scholarship Fund
- Balance & fall risk assessments
- Evaluation & treatment of foot/ankle dysfunction with VASYLI medical custom orthotics
- Evaluation of suspected vestibular dysfunction, vertigo & dizziness
- Gait & running analysis
- Individualized home exercise program recommendations
- Manual therapy
- Therapeutic exercises (increase flexibility, range of motion, balance, strength, coordination & endurance)
- Traction for back & neck pain
- Pain reduction modalities (electrical stimulation, ultrasound therapy, ice, heat, myofascial release & kinesio-tape)
- Partial Blood Flow Restriction (PBFR) strengthening
Services Offered At:
Learn More About:
Physical Therapy Scholarship Fund+
Family Health Centers of San Diego provides care to over 227,000 patients each year, of whom 91% are low-income and 29% are uninsured. When these patients experience an injury or disabling medical condition, affordable physical therapy services helps prevent loss of income and allows them to continue caring for their families.
Our physical therapists provide treatment for injuries and pain due to orthopedic and neurological conditions, orthotic fittings, pediatric obesity, post-acute sequela of COVID-19 and vestibular rehabilitation. In 2022, our providers treated 6,981 patients who called on us to help them get their lives back.
Can you help San Diegans who are fighting to get their health, mobility and livelihood back?
With YOUR help, the FHCSD PT scholarship fund improves access to physical therapy services for our uninsured, low-income and medically underserved community members.
A gift of any size can make a huge impact
- $15 covers an uninsured patient’s physical therapy initial evaluation
- $15 covers an uninsured patient’s physical therapy follow-up visit
- $35 covers custom orthotics
- $45 covers three visits
- $90 covers six visits
Physical therapy is vital to our patients’ overall wellness and well-being. No one should remain in agony without access to the skilled care needed to regain control of their lives. Together, we can help those in need get back to pain free, productive lives.