Family Health Centers of San Diego’s Pediatric Developmental Services Department is dedicated to providing early positive and supportive experiences for children, parents and caregivers. Supporting a child’s development in all areas (physical, social-emotional, cognitive, and communication) is vital for their overall well-being.
- Behavior & Early Intervention
- Developmental Screenings
- Developmental Therapy Services
- Developmental Stimulation
- Early Intervention Home Visits
- Healthy Development Services
- Newborn Developmental Screenings & Parent Support
- Occupational Therapy Evaluations & Therapy Services
- One-on-One Developmental Assessments
- Physical Therapy Evaluations & Therapy Services
- Speech & Language Evaluations & Therapy Services
- Parenting Classes
Services Offered At:
- Healthy Development Services at Spring Valley
- Healthy Development Services – East
- Healthy Development Services – Central
- North Park Pediatric Clinic & Women’s Health Center
- El Cajon Family Health Center
- Logan Heights Family Health Center
- Lemon Grove Family Health Center
- Grossmont Spring Valley Family Health Center
- Diamond Neighborhoods Family Health Center
- City Heights Family Health Center
- Chula Vista Family Health Center
Learn More About:
Developmental Screenings (Newborn to 5 years of age)+
A developmental specialist will interact with you and your child to review all areas of development. The specialist can answer questions you may have about developmental milestones and can offer ideas and tips on ways to interact with your child to continue to support and stimulate his or her development. This service is a great resource for parents, even if there are no concerns; during the session, we provide information about your child’s current development and offer strategies to enhance his or her exploration and learning.
Developmental Stimulation (Mild-to-Moderate Concerns)+
We are able to offer support services, either in group format or through one-on-one sessions, depending on identified needs, to strengthen through practice and play, those specific areas of development. An assessment may need to be completed to conduct a more in-depth review of skills and identify which developmental areas would benefit from additional services (group or one-on-one).
Therapy Services for Children with Developmental Concerns+
Therapy providers who specialize in early childhood and treatment for developmental delays can evaluate and offer ongoing therapy for children with developmental needs. All services are offered in a supportive and play-based environment and include parent/caregiver participation. Services are provided for children experiencing delays in their development, including children with specific diagnoses/concerns such as failure to thrive, autism, Down syndrome, cerebral palsy and other delays and disorders.
Some services made possible by+