FHCSD’s Benefits Enrollment Center helps people eligible for Medicare to enroll in appropriate benefits.
Trained staff will work one-on-one to determine your eligibility and benefits, free of charge.
A benefits screening can determine what entitlement benefits you may be eligible for. It takes less ten minutes to complete and is unique to you. It is completely free of charge and there are no obligations. Additionally, you do not need to be a patient of Family Health Centers of San Diego and you do not need to switch your health care provider.
How can I benefit?
Seniors and adults with disabilities will receive enrollment assistance to see if they qualify for benefits, including prescription drug payments, medical care, food and heat/utility assistance.
- Cal Fresh
- Utility assistance
- Low-income subsidy/Part D Medicare
- Lifeline telephone
- Subsidized transit benefits
- VA benefits
What are the benefits?
- The national average Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefit for an elderly recipient living alone is $194.00 per month.
- The value of the Medicare Extra Help prescription drug subsidy is estimated at $4,000 per year.
- The average monthly SSI payment in 2023 for those aged 65+ is $553.16.
- Helps lower out-of-pocket costs that Medicare alone does not cover
- Cal Fresh application, renewals, submitting needed documents to the county
- Medicare prescription drug subsidy of up to $4,000
- Assistance with lowering utility bill costs
- Maximizing your SSI/SSDI payment
For more information, please call the Benefits Enrollment Center at (619) 906-4500 or fill out the form below.