February is American Heart Month and, of course, Valentine’s Day. These two annual celebrations combine to flood social , storefronts and conversations with “heart” themes and decorations. With all this “love” in the air, Family Health Centers of San Diego (FHCSD) is encouraging community members to conduct an annual check of their heart health by stopping in for a FREE blood pressure screening.
On Thursday, February 11th, join FHCSD for a FREE Love Your Heart event at select clinics.
The one-day event will feature:
- Blood pressure screenings
- Heart health education
- Opportunity to sign up for follow-up medical appointments
- Information about enrolling in a Covered California or Medi-Cal health insurance plan
- Opportunity drawing and a goodie bag
- Heart healthy refreshments
This event is presented as part of a countywide collaboration with Live Well San Diego and is focused on making sure San Diegans are taking charge of their health and know their numbers. Walk-ins are welcome on a first come, first served basis. However, we strongly encourage you to make an appointment by contacting Margot Schein at (619) 906-4563. Also, don’t forget to join the conversation online by using the hashtag #LoveYourHeartSD.
The following FHCSD clinics are participating in the Love Your Heart event:
- Beach Area Family Health Center
- Chase Avenue Family Health Center
- Diamond Neighborhoods Family Health Center
- FamilyHealth at City College
- Grossmont Spring Valley Family Health Center
- Lemon Grove Family Health Center
- Logan Heights Family Health Center (walk-ins only)
- North Park Family Health Center