Our substance use disorder services staff and counselors work closely with the medical providers in our clinics to support patients in developing and completing personalized plans to reduce the negative physical and psychological impacts of drugs and alcohol. For those in need of additional support, we offer a structured outpatient substance use disorder program. Our services are flexible to meet each client’s unique needs and type of care after discharge.
Download the brochure here.
- Behavioral Health Integration
- Educational Sessions
- HIV and Hepatitis Testing & Treatment
- Individual Counseling and One-on-One Support
- Medication Assisted Treatment
- Mental Health Services
- Outpatient Treatment Services
- Safe Point San Diego Clean Syringe Exchange Program (CSEP)
- Case Management
- Solutions for Recovery
- Recovery Residences
- Support Groups
- S.M.A.R.T. Program
Services Offered At:
- Housing Navigation Center
- South Bay Behavioral Health Center
- Logan Heights Family Counseling Center
- Grossmont Family Counseling Center
- North Park Behavioral Health Center
- Hillcrest Family Health Center on Third Avenue
- National City Family Health Center
- El Cajon Family Health Center
- Oak Park Family Health Center
- North Park Family Health Center
- Lemon Grove Family Health Center
- Downtown Family Health Center at Connections
- Diamond Neighborhoods Family Health Center
- FamilyHealth at City College
Learn More About:
How to Access Services+
Individuals with Medi-Cal, new and current patients are welcome.
Behavioral Health Integration+
Treatment that promotes well-being and recovery through prevention, treatment and intervention for clients experiencing both mental illness and substance us issues. Counselors work alongside mental health therapists and primary care providers to provide integrated therapies.
HIV and Hepatitis Testing & Treatment+
As the largest provider of HIV and hepatitis treatment and prevention services in the region, we believe in a client-centered approach that takes the whole individual into consideration when discussing prevention or treatment. We provide a variety of HIV and hepatitis testing, support-and-education activities and services, and we pride ourselves on working with community partners for referrals and resources.
For more information about our HIV and Hepatitis Services, click here.
Medication Assisted Treatment+
Our Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) Program can help with reducing withdrawal symptoms, cravings and urges so you can feel healthy and function at your best in everyday life.
For more information about the MAT Program, click here.
Mental Health Services+
Our warm and caring mental health services staff provides support to the health of the whole body, including physical, emotional and mental well-being. Whether you need someone to talk to or are seeking care for emotional and psychological disorders, our trained clinicians employ behavioral therapies and evidence-based practices to get you the help you need.
For more information about Mental Health Services, click here.
Safe Point San Diego Clean Syringe Exchange Program (CSEP)+
Safe Point San Diego Clean Syringe Exchange Program (CSEP) is San Diego’s only syringe exchange program and offers comprehensive services to help people who inject drugs reduce their risk of HIV and hepatitis transmission. The mobile CSEP unit provides individuals with harm reduction education, case management, referrals to drug treatment and detoxification and one-for-one syringe exchange.
For more information about CSEP, click here.
Solutions for Recovery+
An outpatient treatment program that provides individual and group counseling sessions, as well as mental health therapy for a period of three to six months. This program welcomes LGBTQ individuals and serves as the County of San Diego’s Regional Recovery Center.
The San Diego Misdemeanants At-Risk Track (S.M.A.R.T.) Program offers the opportunity to dismiss certain cases, providing many with a fresh start upon successful completion. S.M.A.R.T. provides drug treatment, case management and a residence without shelter beds.
You may be eligible if you:*
- Had one or more misdemeanor drug offenses since November of 2014.
- Were arrested at least twice in the past twelve months for a quality of life offense.
- Have no convictions for murder, arson, sex offenses or related crimes.
- Have no convictions for drug sales in the last three years.
*The City of San Diego prosecutor must approve your participation.
For more information, call:
- North Park Behavioral Health Center | P: (619) 515-2588
- HOT Message Line | P: (619) 446-1010
- San Diego County Public Defender’s Office | P: (619) 338-4700