Our substance use disorder services staff and counselors work closely with the medical providers in our clinics to support patients in developing and completing personalized plans to reduce the negative physical and psychological impacts of drugs and alcohol. For those in need of additional support, we offer a structured outpatient substance use disorder program. Our services are flexible to meet each client’s unique needs and type of care after discharge.
Download our brochure here.
- Behavioral health integration
- Case management
- Educational sessions
- HIV & hepatitis services
- Individual counseling & one-on-one support
- Medication assisted treatment
- Mental health services
- Opioid information
- Outpatient treatment services
- Prodigy Project
- Recovery residences
- Solutions for Recovery
- Support groups
- Syringe Services Program (SSP)
Services Offered At:
- Escondido Family Counseling Center
- North Park Family Counseling Center
- Fifth Avenue Behavioral Health Center
- La Mesa Family Counseling Center
- Landis Avenue Family Counseling Center
- Oceanside Family Counseling Center
- Sweetwater Family Counseling Center
- South Bay Behavioral Health Center
- South Bay Family Counseling Center
- Chula Vista Family Counseling Center
- The Night Clinic
- Logan Heights Family Counseling Center
- Grossmont Family Counseling Center
- FamilyHealth-Youth Counseling Center
- Hillcrest Family Health Center on Third Avenue
- National City Family Health Center
- El Cajon Family Health Center
- Oak Park Family Health Center
- North Park Family Health Center
- Lemon Grove Family Health Center
- Downtown Family Health Center at Connections
- Diamond Neighborhoods Family Health Center
- FamilyHealth at City College
Learn More About:
How to Access Services+
Behavioral Health Integration+
Treatment that promotes well-being and recovery through prevention, treatment and intervention for clients experiencing both mental illness and substance us issues. Counselors work alongside mental health therapists and primary care providers to provide integrated therapies.
HIV & Hepatitis Services+
As the largest provider of HIV and hepatitis treatment and prevention services in the region, we believe in a client-centered approach that takes the whole individual into consideration when discussing prevention or treatment. We provide a variety of HIV and hepatitis testing, support-and-education activities and services, and we pride ourselves on working with community partners for referrals and resources.
For more information about our HIV and hepatitis services, click here.
Medication Assisted Treatment+
Our Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) program can help with reducing withdrawal symptoms, cravings and urges so you can feel healthy and function at your best in everyday life.
For more information about the MAT program, click here.
Mental Health Services+
Our warm and caring mental health services staff provides support to the health of the whole body, including physical, emotional and mental well-being. Whether you need someone to talk to or are seeking care for emotional and psychological disorders, our trained clinicians employ behavioral therapies and evidence-based practices to get you the help you need.
For more information about mental health services, click here.
Opioids are a kind of drug used to reduce pain. There are many different kinds of opioids, and they can be bought both legally and illegally. Opioids include both prescription pain killers and heroin, and both share the same chemical composition as the opium poppy plant.
To learn more about opioids, click here.
The Prodigy Project offered by Family Health Centers of San Diego (FHCSD) is designed to connect young gay and queer men of color with high-quality health care and education services.
Prodigy Project services include:
- STI and hepatitis testing
- Free HIV testing
- PrEP navigation
- Mental health and substance use disorder services and counseling
Participants in Project Prodigy can receive up to $150 in gift cards when they complete four free sessions.
To learn more about this program, click here.
Solutions for Recovery+
An outpatient treatment program that provides individual and group counseling sessions, as well as mental health therapy, for a period of three to six months. This program welcomes LGBTQ individuals and serves as the County of San Diego’s Regional Recovery Center.
Provided in partnership with:
Syringe Services Program (SSP)+
FHCSD’s Syringe Services Program (SSP) is San Diego’s only syringe exchange program and offers comprehensive services to help people who inject drugs reduce their risk of HIV and hepatitis transmission. The mobile SSP unit provides individuals with harm reduction education, case management, referrals to drug treatment and detoxification and one-for-one syringe exchange.
For more information about SSP, click here.